- Contains Aloe Vera, Cinnamon and Apple Cider Powder Extracts
- Promotes root growth and prevents fungal infection
- All-natural and bio-degradable
- Safe and effective
PRODUCT WRITE UP:
This powder contains extracts from three ingredients- aloe vera, cinnamon, and apple cider, all of which are widely used by gardeners as natural rooting aids. ALOE VERA is anti-bacterial and antifungal, which works to protect the cuttings from pathogens. It contains growth hormones that are proven effective in stimulating root growth in plants and cuttings. CINNAMON is a useful aid in rooting stems because it prevents the growth of fungi in the soil. APPLE CIDER is also known to contain a natural compound that encourages plant rooting. It can also kill harmful pathogens that prevent plants from growing roots.
HOW TO PROPAGATE CUTTING USING ROOTING AIDE
Get a fresh and clean cutting (about 8 inches). Remove the lower leaves, and retain a few leaves at the top. Pour a little bit of Rooting Aide into a clean sheet or dish. Dip the end of cutting into the rooting powder.
For best results, soak the tip of the cutting in clean water, before dipping it into the rooting powder. Make sure to coat about 1cm of the lower tip with the rooting powder. Wait for a few minutes for the rooting powder to air dry. You will notice that as the rooting powder is exposed to air, it becomes sticky and eventually coats the cutting.
Insert the cutting into the moist soil or grow media. To improve success, cover the cutting with a clear plastic bag or cup and keep it away from direct sunlight or extreme temperatures. The soil or grow medium should be kept consistently moist. Remove the plastic bag as soon as the new leaves start to grow.
Other Uses of Rooting Aide
1. Root Growth Enhancer - Sprinkle about ½ teaspoon of the Rooting Aide on the roots of seedlings before transplanting. This will speed up the growth of more roots.
2. Ant Deterrent - Sprinkle some Rooting Aide around the plants and along ants' paths.
3. Seed Soaking - Dilute ½ teaspoon of Rooting Aide in ½ cup of water. Soak the seeds in the solution for about 2 hours before sowing.
Store in a cool dry place. Close the lid tightly after each use. Do not expose to sunlight, heat or moisture.