- Top quality
- Soil Additive for Growing Potted Plants, including Bonsai and Succulents
- Retains water and nutrients
- Provides soil aeration and drainage
- Originated from Ibaraki Japan
- Non-toxic, odorless and sterile
- Does not deteriorate or decompose
- Can be mixed with any potting media
WHAT IS AKADAMA SOIL?
Akadama (赤玉土, akadamatsuchi, red ball earth) is a naturally occurring, granular clay-like mineral used as soil for bonsai trees and other container-grown plants. The color darkens when moist which can help the grower determine when to water a tree. While akadama is more costly than alternative soil components, it is prized by many growers for its ability to retain water and nutrients while still providing porosity and free drainage. It can be used alone or mixed with soil-less potting media and other substrates.
HOW TO USE AKADAMA SOIL
- Akadama soil can be used alone or mixed with potting media (up to 30% Akadama Soil).
- It is ideal for use for BONSAI, ORCHIDS, CACTUS AND SUCCULENTS, AQUATIC PLANTS AND REPTILE BEDDING.
To store, open the package to air out.
Keep lightly sealed and store in a dry place until ready to use.
This product should not be ingested. Keep out of reach of very small children. Do not inhale. Dust particles may irritate skin or eyes.
To avail of various shipping promos and product discounts, you may check our online shops in: